Tuesday, July 22, 2008

3 Things I Did Today To Save Money!

1. PGE Spoiled Food Reimbursement
On the evening of July 3rd, we thought someone was celebrating the 4th of July a day early with their armory of fireworks that they opted to set off in our own backyard. But no, it was not a celebratory act of patriotism; it was an exploding PG&E transformer. Our power was out for over twelve hours and all the food in our refrigerator had to be thrown out (do you know the FDA says that a unpowered fridge will only keep for safely cold for FOUR hours?). Such a waste.

But today I just cashed a check for $133.63 from PGE for spoiled food replacement! Yup, if it’s their fault and/or if they give you an incorrect estimate of when the power will be restored, you can have them reimburse you. You just have to have your receipts. Keep that in mind next time it goes dark.
SAVED: $133.63

2. $1 Kiddie Entertainment.
It was a bit foggy today and I was a whole lot of tired and I needed to come up with some toddler friendly activity that wouldn’t break the bank or my back. So today I said a big hello to Summer Movie Clubhouse at the CineMark with a theater admission of $1 each for a movie deemed “fun for the whole family”. Today the gorgeously art directed flick was Stuart Little. They are offering this deal from their theaters from Anchorage, Alaska to Kenosha, Wi. Check here to find the theater closest to you.
SAVED: (based on regular movie tix prices) $14.75

3. Side Street Parking
The parking meters in the area where I do all my “tradin’” costs me $1.50 an hour and all too often I don’t have enough change on me and I end up with a dreaded $35 ticket. My solution? Parking around the corner away from the meters. I get a little exercise, have a lower risk of getting a ticket and save money.

Saved: $3.00 (today’s parking) for the month approximetly $24 a month saved!

Total Saved: $172.38

And check out my fancy schmancy eBay post up on the right hand side of the page. Yeah, you know you need some new Marc Jacobs, so get bidding!

No comments: